"I beseech you therefore, brethren,
by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable
service" (Romans 12:1)
The Lord’s church was established on the first Pentecost after the
resurrection of Jesus Christ (Acts 2).
- The founder of the church (Matt. 16:18).
- The foundation of the church (I Cor. 3:11).
- The head of the church (Eph 5:23).
The Ideal Church Member ...
- Must be "A living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God..."(Rom. 12:1c)
- A Present Church Member (Heb. 10:25; Acts 20:7).
- A Cooperating Church Member (Rom. 12:10).
1.) We must not compromise but
2.) We should cooperate with Christ in obeying Him.
- A Sympathetic Church Member (Rom. 12:15-17)
1.) Be of the same mind toward
2.) Rejoice with them that rejoice and weep with them that weep.
3.) Recompense no man evil for evil.
- A Sincere Church Member (Rom. 12:11).
1.) We must be honest and truthful—never
2.) Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord.
- A Contributing Church Member (Rom 12:8).
1.) Should give with simplicity
2.) Give to the necessity of the saints.
- A Peaceful Church Member (Rom. 12:9, 10: 14-21).
- A Growing Church Member (Eph. 2:21; I Pet. 2:2; 2 Pet. 3:18).
- A Studying Church Member (Acts 17:11).
- A Constant Church Member (I Cor. 15:58; 2 Tim. 4:2).
- A Praying Church Member (Acts 2:42).